I'm not quite thirty but feel I've lived a number of lives already. Many of them, it turns out, are documented somewhere in the blogosphere, and I was just reading over a few of them tonight and realizing... what happens if this current life doesn't get documented either? I'm already halfway through... what if, 10 years from now, I try to find the documentation of the three years I (we) spent pushing through law school, and it doesn't exist?
So here I am.
My previous lives, for the record:
- High school student
- College student
- Grad student?
- Teacher
- Paralegal and South Carolina resident
- Paralegal and North Carolina resident
Each of these time periods, no matter how short or how long, feels incredibly distinct and, in fact, distant to me. I've recently returned to the Triangle area, where I lived while in graduate school, but it seems like a different place, as I seem like a different person. Even so, I have writing that documents who I was and how I felt during that time.
Now, I'm a law student. Five years, ten years, twenty years from now, I'd like to remember how it feels.
No comments:
Post a Comment